Saturday, July 8, 2017

Week 1~"Going Good..."

Hey Mom,

I got the package and I loved the watch you got me along with the alarm clock, lotion, umbrella and everything else. I enjoy the new building and I got to see it on the first day but not ever since. The MTC is helping me on how I should study and although I feel disappointed when practicing teaching, I know that it doesn't matter since my Branch President shed some light on what is most important and that's the spirit. Although I haven't cried like dad ever since I left like he did, I miss you and the family. I started reading "Our Search for Happiness" by Elder Ballard and The Book of Mormon and it's getting better when reading. Spirit is so strong.
The pants, shirts and suits are coming in handy. I'm glad you got me the lotion because the dry skin is kicking in and it's helping as well.
What I really need though are hangers for my white shirts and pants. Everything else I already got including the bag.
I'm glad you're enjoying it out there and tell Martha and Mark and the others I said hello and how I saw Sam.

I love you!
Elder Lockhart

*******************

Hey Dad,

I'm sorry if this disappoints you but since the MTC makes me so busy, I've never cried ever since I've  left.😜   Although I'm not saying I don't miss my family, I had a lot of focus on what I need to do.
Me and my companion get along great although we have little in common. He's like you and Coach combined since he's slow to anger like you but he's mad when it comes to sports like Coach. Great man. In fact, he's the District Leader and he is a football player from Texas. He has a great knowledge of the scriptures and we both have the same objective of being missionaries.
I'm staying hydrated alot thanks to the 5 dollar MTC water water. All is well.
There is a talk by Elder Bednar that he gave on a Sabbath Day Christmas at the MTC years ago about the character of Christ and only at the MTC are you able to watch it and because it is so powerful it's a big help for missionaries.  I think it's good for the church because it shows a good definition on how to be a true Saint and Mosiah 3:19 is a the key scripture he said. Great talk.

Well, everything is going well,

love you Dad



  
 Goofin' with Elder Cronin
Me with my companion Elder Jasperson