Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Week 9~Transfer Week

Hello everyone,

This is our transfer week where we get assigned a new area with a new companion. Its only been 1 month and half and already a transfer! It kinda went by slow and I am so gonna miss Elder Mortensen. He has helped me a lot over this transfer. I am assigned to the same area I am in which is American Fork Ward Focus which consists of the American Fork 1st, 5th, 18th and 38th Wards. My new companion is Elder Oinbolt. I am glad to meet with Elder Machood and Elder Baines, who are about to head on home this Wednesday. Elder Baines is a basktball player from England and Elder Machood was from Maryland. Great Elders! There is also an Elder that is planning on going to South Carolina this week. His name is Akir Rowe and he has amazing classic cars including a Mustang. Awesome man and is looking forward to the MTC. "The South will rise again" ~J Golden Kimball

The eclipse was amazing but my companion looked at the sun without the glasses and he burned his right retina. We took him to the eye doctor and also gave him a blessing last week. He is doing well though.

I have a flat in my tire sadly! But it is now fixed. I have been opening my mouth more often and it feels good to testify to people and share scriptures that are uplifting.
 I have seen intolerable people lately but it's not as bad as it looks. It happens though. It just makes me want to love them more because of their intolerance. They have a bad history and I know that through  us missionaries, we can uplift them.

A miracle happened when me and Elder Mortensen were biking. He had an impression on changing the route a bit and while on the way to something, there was a lady out on the porch hollering at us to help out. Apparently there was a man laying on the ground needing to come get up on his wheelchair and with us arriving, we were a big help to them. The woman had been praying and the prayer had been answered. Miracles have not ceased everyone.

"And because he hath done this, my beloved brethren, hath miracles ceased. Behold, I say unto you, Nay; neither have angels ceased to minister unto the children of men."~Moroni 7:29-30

My prayers have been more sincere and each and everyone of you are in them as well.

 I love ya'll brothers and sisters. Especially back home, The South will rise again!                                        
~Elder Lockhart