Friday, August 18, 2017

Week 7~Quilts, Lost Key, MTC Tour and Waffles

Monday- At a Senior Home Care Center for family home evening, there was a donation of quilts provided for those people and they decided to give us some as missionaries. It was kind of them to do so. My companion got a dog quilt while I got a patriotic color one with trucks.  I've decided deliver it to my nephew for his birthday in October. He loves his cars and trucks.

Tuesday- This morning, I forgot my nametag and I felt so ashamed because I also lost my key and I  haven't wrote to my mission president.  I feel like I haven't been improving myself in missionary work. However, being calm as I am we kept walking and eventually we met an Uber Driver that has a daughter that is looking for a rental house in our area. Not only did they offer us a ride to help me get my name tag back but he also told us his conversion story which was pretty powerful. In addition, after he and his wife dropped us off, Elder Seyfer was sewing up his scriptures case and found my oil and key..."Tender mercy"
MTC- I went to do tours for the new buildings. I got to stand in front of the Parley Pratt building right in front of the building where the sign is. It was great to meet many people and telling them welcome to the MTC. Mostly in the MTC, people love my last name because it reminds them of the Harry Potter character who is in the 2nd movie. I hung out with a security guard who is 2 years older than my dad and was a convert at age 28. He is from Chile and was a translator for conference. He has stood next to general authorities for 10 years. He gave me great advice how when I have a great moments or feelings during the mission, he said to write it down. He gave me the advice saying that I'll change people's lives when sharing the gospel to people.

Missionary exchanges are fun. I went out a few nights ago with my MTC companion Elder Jasperson and it was a hard day for him since he had 2 flat tires and fell off his bike...At least we had a great day of having memories of teaching in the MTC.
My first time I went to "Waffle Loves" and it was amazing. I tried just a simple chicken and waffles. Very delicious!

~Elder Lockhart