Monday, August 7, 2017

Week 6~This week went so Well...

Hey everyone, this week went so well!

So on Tuesday, I went on a exchange with an Elder who is assistant to the mission president. His name is Elder Baines and he is from the middle of England and had a great baptism before moving here for his first transfer from England. He looks like an English "Clark Kent" because of his height (6 5") and his stature hahaha. When we had dinner with a family, I met a perspective Elder who was in the Utah Choir that sang in my hometown stake back in Fayetteville. It was awesome to meet him and I gave him a great review of the MTC.

When I was trackting around the neighborhood, I met a woman by the name of sister Cindy Dean who's niece is Edward Brock's wife who (the Brocks are my cousins and live in my hometown area). Small world hey. She told me about North Carolina how she loves the golf courses. Apparently the people in Utah love golfing.

So...What I like about my companion is that his scripture quad is full of highlights and tabs. He claims his bible can destroy any religion hahaha. He's smart with the gospel. When he hit his first year mark, he burned his tie like any other missionary does here.

I know I've been here for 3 weeks and the people in Utah are trying to feed us so much because their goal is to fatten up the missionaries. They are not doing a good job so far for me and Elder Mortensen.

Yesterday, we met an artist that made great oil paintings of the gospel and of Jesus Christ. Great man and he has a great studio where people pay him to make paintings. Very professional and he donated missionary cards of Jesus. My favorite is all nationality with Jesus.

It feels great when I get to meet people that are from North Carolina. Saturday, my companion had a baptism from his first area in Lehi and I met a Father of a few kids that was from North Carolina and served in Salt Lake City about 2011, if I can remember correctly.  He gave me great advice I need as a missionary and gave me the idea that if you need to work on your budget, buy ramen and learn a few recipes when using the noodles.

A few days ago, there was a family who fed us their meat from their barbecue and they are Tongans. They love missionaries so much and it feels great to meet them.
Lately, what we are doing as missionaries is taking the assignment of Russell M. Nelson on how we highlight everything that's listed about Jesus Christ in the Topical Guide of our scriptures. Elder Nelson promises us blessings for doing so that we probably cannot even imagine. I'm also trying to study and memorize a scripture a day because they say that if you do that for 2 years on the mission, you'll get a photographic memory. Might as well try it out for myself.

Again thanks for the letter and it's great to hear from you all.
Most of the week is trackting and its getting a little difficult when not finding people. But again patience and work at your best.

I still pray for each and every one of you because of my gratitude for you all being involve in my life.

Elder Lockhart