Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Week 13~Ready for Conference

Good Morning Everyone,

This week has been a cool week. The weather changed so quickly and no worries I got the sweaters and coats I need. Well this week I had a few door slams on my face but it is all good.

Yesterday was the first time to visit The American Fork 38th Ward and so many people in the ward that it filled up the entire chapel and half of the gym. I am just not use to this kind of ward with that many people especially back home.

Conference is coming this weekend and I am looking forward to it. My companion was invited to go to the Sunday afternoon session and so I will be with other Elders that are not able to attend. I am looking forward to hear from President Monson.

A lot of people we have contacted but we had the chance to set up an appointment with a nonmember thanks to Bishop Shettell from AMerican Fork 1st Ward. I hope this will not slip by, I pray thee.

In the Bel-Aire Care Center, we got the chance to give a big Book of Mormon to a woman name Elizabeth. The same person that drew the faces of me and my companions. Since she needed to read big letters, we gave the big Book of Mormon to her. She is a Catholic and she is a little older than the Prophet himself. She is 91 or 92 years old. I would say this a great simple miracle.

In case if I didn't say this but I went to a Temple Endownment last week and it was better for me this time than it was before. What really stook out to me what reading Ether chapter 3 in the Celestial Room. Great experience.

I met a family on a dinner night that the whole family loves to read and that's all they do for a living. I really envy them for that talent and what is more interesting is that the Father, Brother Foltz, has this beard and told us how he became a model of Jesus Christ and has a portrait of him in one of the Salt Lake City Temples. I was surprise about that when he showed us the pics.

I had a great experience week in the cold, going to the temple, meeting new people, learning how the handbooks shows the greatest things of the Church. Joseph Smith was indeed a prophet of God.


I love you all and I still pray for you. You all are the best.

Elder Lockhart