Thursday, November 30, 2017

Week 19~Lakeview and Sunset Area

I feel like this transfer is going well concerning that I was moved to a new apartment which was claim to be the most envied apartment in the whole mission. I went from American Fork to my second area which is the Lake View and Sunset Area. It is the biggest area in the Zone and maybe even the whole mission and it covers 16 Stakes. I can't wait to be busier than I ever was. My new companion is Elder Clarke who is a transfer younger than me. It feels weird to be the senior comapnion when I don't know my area well and he is also the designated driver. Were having the car for this week and we'll be back on bikes and walking.

Our landlord has a mutt dog that explores the house and his name is buddy. I love that dog. Being in the new apartment I feel so spoiled. In fact I say Utah is a spoiled place to be on a mission. There is a mansion who has a bunch of lights and its pretty lit to drive by.

Thanksgiving was amazing! We had two dinners and it's great to eat pumpkin pie and colsalad. Me and Elder Clarke agree that it was weird how its not as good of having a dinner without your family.

Elder Clarke is from Springfield Missouri and served for about 4 months. Great missionary that loves to work.

Well my district is very intersting. My Father (trainer and first companion) Elder Mortensen is there with my brother (his second trainee) Elder Fitzgerald who is from Virginia and in the same stake as Elder Mortensen's follow trainer. Small world. My district leader Elder Lavoie and his companion Elder Marggetts. Elder Lavoie is a Spider-Man fan and Margette is from Nebraska.

I am looking forward to many opportunities to teach this week.

I met one of the grandsons of Elder Bruce R. McKonkie who is a Ward Mission Leader. It's amazing to see an owl one night.

Y'all have a great week